Bench Hand Joiner / Experienced Solid Surface Operative
Bench Hand Joiner / Experienced Solid Surface Operative – Wigan
Amspec Limited have grown over the last 18 years into one of the most capable and exciting Design & Build enterprises in the Northwest, currently operating in 4 key sectors: -
• Commercial and Industrial
• Retail and Leisure
• Public Sector
• Specialist and Bespoke (our Specialist and Bespoke service involves the Design and Manufacture of fitted and loose Joinery products).
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Bench Hand Joiner / Solid Surface Operative to join our busy team in our modern, newly renovated Joinery Workshop here in Pemberton, Wigan. We manufacture all types of bespoke Commercial Joinery items from fixed / bench / booth seating, to doors / architraves / skirting boards / reception desks, shelving units, you name it, we can manufacture it!
We require the ideal candidate to:
• Have at least 4 years’ experience and competency working on a wide range of wood working machinery.
• Have experience of working with solid surfaces (Corian / Hi-Macs).
• Certification to at least NVQ level 3 in Bench Hand Joinery OR have a vast experience of Bench Hand Joinery processes and methods.
• The ability to work from approved drawings to complete the manufacture to a very high specification.
• Be able to plan your own work and work unaided where necessary.
• You must be organised and methodical in your approach to every task as the work is dictated by important timescales.
• Have excellent communication skills, be a reliable and motivated individual who takes pride in their work to ensure a quality finish.
• On occasion, there may be times when you are required to attend site to install the manufactured items, so your own hand tools are essential.
Additionally, if you love a challenge, have the ability to adapt to new techniques, are dedicated, hardworking and committed, then you are the perfect candidate to join our team.
The normal hours of work are 40 per week, 07.30am – 4.00pm Monday to Friday (overtime available as and when required). We offer 21 days plus Statutory Bank Holidays per annum. Excellent, competitive rates of pay dependent upon your previous work experience and qualifications. A company pension scheme along with a staff reward and recognition programme is available. We also encourage and promote continuous professional development for all staff, with no barriers to further training.
This is a full-time / permanent position to commence ASAP.
Please apply to email@example.com with your CV by 15th January 2021