Amspec Limited - Wigan have grown over the last 18 years into one of the most capable and exciting Design & Build enterprises in the Northwest, currently operating in 4 key sectors: -
• Commercial and Industrial
• Retail and Leisure
• Public Sector
• Specialist and Bespoke (our Specialist and Bespoke service involves the Design and Manufacture of fitted and loose Joinery products).
We are currently looking to expand our fantastic workforce and wish to recruit an experienced Construction Manager.
The ideal candidate will have Commercial New Build and Interior Fit Out experience to work on our large scale projects. You will report directly to the project’s Contracts Manager and be responsible for ensuring that the building project is completed safely, within an agreed timeframe and on budget. Your role will include managing the practical side of the construction project and leading the general operations of the site team which will include direct and sub-contractor activities on a daily basis. Quality management will also form a large part of your role with regular inspections and document control processes managed and executed.
• Must be willing to travel & work within the North West of the UK.
• Proven working experience in Construction Management with 5 + years’ experience as a minimum.
• Experience of working on £1M + projects.
• Commercial new build experience essential.
• Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods relating to new build and interior fitout.
• Able to operate efficiently on IT packages such as Microsoft Project, Excel & Word.
• Excellent practical experience with co-ordinating & setting out of infrastructure.
• Previous experience of acting as a temporary works coordinator (ideal but not essential)
• Excellent knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards.
• Able to lead a team and effectively, plan, monitor and programme works efficiently.
• Competent in conflict and risk management.
Skills & Qualifications
• Excellent communication skills with good experience of dealing and coordinating with clients, architects, other construction professionals & workers on site.
• Leadership skills with an ability to motivate your team.
• Keen eye for detail relating to all construction activities.
• Good problem solving & decision-making skills with the ability to work under pressure in order for the project to progress in line with the programme.
• Excellent awareness of health and safety processes and legislation with the ability to lead good working practices throughout the construction project.
• Good numerical and IT skills.
• Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills.
• Good cost management skills – able to manage and work within a budget.
• HNC/HND or degree in construction management or similar.
• Valid CSCS Card
Salary plus package- Negotiable depending on experience.
Working hours- Typically Monday to Friday 7.30am – 4.30pm (Subject to project requirements)
As a business, we recognise that our strength lies within our workforce and our Investors in People achievement reflects our commitment to people management excellence. We have an expectation that our staff live and believe in our core values:-
Aspiring to be the best
Safe working environment
Promoting team working
Exceeding client expectations
Considering the environment
Additionally, if you love a challenge, are dedicated, hardworking and committed, then you are the perfect candidate to join our team!
This initially is a temporary, project-based contract for approx. 12-18 months (with the possibility to become permanent thereafter, dependent upon work requirements and performance based).
We offer great Company benefits including free access to our Employee Assistance Programme supporting our Employees Well-being. Staff reward and recognition programme and enrolment into the company pension scheme (currently with Royal London). We also encourage and promote continuous professional development for all staff, with no barriers to further training.
Please apply by sending your CV and ideally 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Friday 3rd July 2020.
(1st Interviews to be held W/C 6th July)