Joinery Workshop Production Manager
Amspec Limited - Wigan have grown over the last 18 years into one of the most capable and exciting Design & Build enterprises in the Northwest, currently operating in 4 key sectors:
• Commercial and Industrial
• Retail and Leisure
• Public Sector
• Specialist and Bespoke (our Specialist and Bespoke service involves the Design and Manufacture of fitted and loose Joinery products).
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Production Manager to oversee our medium sized recently renovated modern Joinery Workshop here in Pemberton. We currently manufacture all types of Bespoke Commercial furniture from fixed / bench / booth seating, to doors / architraves / skirting boards / reception desks (this list is not exhaustive).
You will be responsible for ensuring that our manufacturing processes run reliably and efficiently within stringent timescales and budgets that do not affect the quality of our output. You must be an excellent communicator and work planner.
The ideal candidate should:
• Schedule all tasks for the Joinery Workshop
• Be proficient in Solid Surface processing
• Be proficient in laminate processing
• Have a sound knowledge of traditional and modern wood working skills
• Be proficient at CAD /CAM software integration
• Have CAM proficiency
• Be a team player
• Have an eye for detail
• Be able to implement all QA systems and processes
Knowledge of the following is essential:
• Laminating / Bonding / Cutting / CNC Work / Real Wood Machining.
• Beam Saws / Hot & Cold Press / Gluing Machinery / Post-forming Machinery / Table Saws / CNC Cutting / CNC Drilling / Edge Banding / Spray Booth.
You will also need to understand and develop processes in which we can maximise the best production from our highly skilled Bench Hand Joiners / Semi Skilled Workers and Key Operatives.
As a business, we recognise that our strength lies within our workforce and our recent Investors in People achievement reflects our commitment to people management excellence. We have an expectation that our staff live and believe in our core values:-
Aspiring to be the best
Safe working environment
Promoting team working
Exceeding client expectations
Considering the environment
Additionally, if you love a challenge, are dedicated, hardworking and committed, then you are the perfect candidate to join our team.
This is a full-time permanent position to commence asap. 45 hrs per week Monday to Friday typically worked between 07.30am – 5.00pm with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break. Excellent rates of pay, negotiable dependent upon experience and qualifications.
We offer a company pension scheme and staff reward and recognition programme. We also encourage and promote continuous professional development for all staff, with no barriers to further training.
Please apply with your CV, no later than Friday 15th January 2021 should you wish to be considered for interview.