Senior Construction Estimator Amspec
Amspec Limited in Wigan have grown over the last 19 years into one of the most capable and exciting Design & Build enterprises in the Northwest, currently operating in 4 key sectors:
• Commercial and Industrial
• Retail and Leisure
• Public Sector
• Specialist and Bespoke (our Specialist and Bespoke service involves the Design and Manufacture of fitted and loose Joinery products).
We are currently looking to add to our busy Commercial Team by way of recruiting a Senior Estimator. Your role in each project will be:-
• All aspects of Bid Preparation, Preparation of Enquiries to Sub-Contractors, Cost Comparisons, Bid Strategies, a deep understanding of our Sector.
• Adaptable and able to quickly learn our Software – Eque2 Evaluate
• Client liaison (attend Client progress meetings to keep abreast of any commercial issues)
• MS Project proficient would be an advantage
• Be familiar with different Contract Types JCT, etc.
• Have a track record of securing projects of various sizes within the Fit Out & Refurbishment Industry.
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have at least 8 years construction site experience with a wealth of construction background knowledge. Have a thorough understanding of detailed drawings, with the ability to consider method, risk and sequence of works to the preparation of each project cost plan.
You will be responsible for pricing projects anywhere in the region of £20K to £5M and when necessary, you will be required to write your own scope of works. A competent knowledge of Microsoft packages in particular Excel is essential, with a vast knowledge of all Construction related techniques. You should be able to measure accurately, work unaided and have the ability to work under pressure effectively. Excellent organisation skills are required and a full clean driving licence is essential as you will be required to carry out site surveys / visits.
As a business, we recognise that our strength lies within our workforce and our recent Investors in People achievement reflects our commitment to people management excellence. We have an expectation that our staff live and believe in our core values:-
Aspiring to be the best
Safe working environment
Promoting team working
Exceeding client expectations
Considering the environment
This is a full-time permanent position to commence asap. 45 hrs per week Monday to Friday typically worked between 07.30am – 5.00pm with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break.
Excellent rates of pay, negotiable dependent upon experience and qualifications.
We offer a company pension scheme and staff reward and recognition programme. We also encourage and promote continuous professional development for all staff, with no barriers to further training.
Please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to be considered for interview.