Trainee / Assistant Estimator 2021
Trainee / Assistant Estimator
Amspec Limited in Wigan have grown over the last 18 years into one of the most capable and exciting Design & Build enterprises in the Northwest, currently operating in 4 key sectors:
• Commercial and Industrial
• Retail and Leisure
• Public Sector
• Specialist and Bespoke (our Specialist and Bespoke service involves the Design and Manufacture of fitted and loose Joinery products).
We are currently looking to add to our busy Commercial Team by way of recruiting a Trainee / Assistant Estimator. Your role will be to assist in a range of tasks in each project:-
• All aspects of Bid Preparation, Preparation of Enquiries to Sub-Contractors, Cost Comparisons, Bid Strategies, a deep understanding of our Sector.
• Preparation of monthly valuations, variations accounts with Sub-Contractors and Client, settlement of final accounts.
• Adaptable and able to quickly learn our Software – Eque2 Evaluate
• Monitoring profit and loss (producing regular reports to monitor the progress of a Contract and monitor factors likely to affect the profitability)
• Client liaison (attend Client progress meetings to keep abreast of any commercial issues)
• MS Project proficient would be an advantage
We are looking for an intelligent, practically minded individual to undergo a comprehensive internal training programme to develop into a Construction Estimator.
You will be required to attend sites from time to time to carry out surveys, so a full UK driv-ing licence is essential. You must have an excellent level of computer literacy (in particular with all Microsoft packages – Word, Excel, we also use software called Eque2 and Evaluate) and a common-sense approach to information sourcing and problem solving. An ideal course to have completed or in the process of completing is a BTEC Level 3 Extended Di-ploma in Construction & The Built Environment. Educated to A Level standard if possible (minimum requirements of grade A-C in Maths and English). To be considered for this role, you will ideally have some construction site experience with an understanding of detailed drawings and the ability to consider method, risk and sequence of works to the preparation of each project cost plan. You must be a hardworking, driven individual with the determination to develop and succeed.
As a business, we recognise that our strength lies within our workforce and our recent In-vestors in People achievement reflects our commitment to people management excellence. We have an expectation that our staff live and believe in our core values:-
Aspiring to be the best
Safe working environment
Promoting team working
Exceeding client expectations
Considering the environment
Additionally, if you love a challenge, are dedicated, hardworking and committed, then you are the perfect candidate to join our team.
This is a full-time permanent position to commence asap. Monday to Friday typically worked between 08.00am – 5.30pm with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break. Excellent rates of pay, ne-gotiable dependent upon experience and qualifications.
We offer a company pension scheme and staff reward and recognition programme. We also encourage and promote continuous professional development for all staff, with no barriers to further training.
Please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 15th January 2021 should you wish to be considered for interview.