Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, 01 December 2023 should you wish to be considered for an interview.
Amspec Limited in Wigan have grown over the last 21 years into one of the most capable and exciting Design & Build enterprises in the Northwest, currently operating in 4 key sectors:
- Commercial and Industrial
- Retail and Leisure
- Public Sector
- Specialist and Bespoke (our Specialist and Bespoke service involves the Design and Manufacture of fitted and loose Joinery products).
We are currently looking to add to our busy Commercial Team by way of recruiting a Graduate Quantity Surveyor.
Your role will be to assist in a range of tasks on multiple projects:-
- All aspects of Project Cost Management, Preparation of Enquiries to Sub-Contractors, Cost Comparisons & Bid Strategies.
- Preparation of monthly valuations, variations accounts with Sub-Contractors and Client, settlement of final accounts.
- Attending appointed sites to quantify required materials & carry out procurement audits.
- Monitoring profit and loss (producing regular reports to monitor the progress of a Contract and monitor factors likely to affect the profitability)
- Client liaison (attend Client progress meetings with Project Managers to keep abreast of any commercial issues)
- Working with various in-house Software Systems – Eque2 / Evaluate / Procore
- Microsoft Project proficient would be an advantage
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have a degree in Quantity Surveying and keen to develop skill set. You must be a hardworking, driven individual with the determination to develop and succeed. You should have excellent organisational skills and computer literate (in particular with Microsoft Excel / Word and Outlook for emails). A full clean Driving Licence is essential.
As a business, we recognise that our strength lies within our workforce and our Investors in People achievement reflects our commitment to people management excellence. We have an expectation that our staff live and believe in our core values:-
- Aspiring to be the best & celebrating success
- Maintaining relationships
- Safe working environment
- Promoting team working & balanced lives
- Exceeding client expectations
- Considering the environment
This is a full-time permanent position to commence mid-November. 45 hrs per week Monday to Friday typically worked between 08.00am – 5.30pm with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break.
Competitive rates of pay, negotiable dependent upon experience and qualifications.
We offer a company pension scheme and staff reward and recognition programme. We also encourage and promote continuous professional development for all staff, with no barriers to further training.
It is our policy as an Employer to comply with all relevant obligations under the Equality Act 2010. The Company will ensure that all persons are selected, promoted and treated equally on the basis of their relevant aptitudes, skills and abilities without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership or disability.
Should you wish to be considered for interview, please apply with your CV ASAP.